PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
Collection of your personal data
1. From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply Headland Hotel (“HH”, "us", "our" or "we") with personal information and particulars to enable us to carry out the activities described in paragraph 3 below. We may be unable to carry out such activities if you do not provide the necessary information and particulars.
2. We may also generate and compile information and collect information from publicly available sources about you. Personal information and particulars provided by you and all information collected, generated and compiled by us about you from time to time is collectively referred to as "Personal Data".
Purposes for which your Personal Data are used
3. We may use your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
(i) (a) marketing and promoting services, products, facilities and other subjects, and/or (b) promoting and soliciting donations or contributions for charitable or non-profit making causes (please see further details in "Use and transfer of your Personal Data in direct marketing" section below);
(ii) for payment purposes for any services, products and/or facilities, including verification of credit card details with third parties;
(iii) for use of the online services available at any of our websites and/or through other telecommunication channels;
(iv) for leasing, development, sale or purchase of products or facilities and/or for management or other related services;
(v) for identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services, products and/or facilities that may be supplied to you;
(vi) for reservations with or through us and/or any of Headland Hotel, its subsidiaries, holding companies and joint venture and associated companies (“Headland”);
(vii) communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means, including contacting you regarding your enquiries;
(viii) conducting research and/or analysis from time to time to better understand your shopping, dining, spending and/or other consumption needs, preferences, interests, experiences and/or habits;
(ix) managing customer relationship and relationship with Headland;
(x) operating and administering any membership clubs or loyalty or reward programmes;
(xi) making disclosure when required by law, regulation, or court order of any jurisdiction, and/or as requested by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation, which may be within or outside The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”);
(xii) (a) establishing legal claims or defences, (b) obtaining legal advice, and/or (c) exercising, defending and/or protecting the rights or properties of Headland, including identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against any person who may be causing interference with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) or where any other person could be harmed or property of any other person could be damaged by such interfering activities;
(xiii) for the use by any member of Headland in connection with any of the above purposes and/or any of the services, products and/or facilities that may offer or supply to you from time to time; and/or
(xiv) any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above, or any other purpose which you may from time to time agree.
Transfer of your Personal Data
4. To facilitate the purposes set out in paragraph 3 above, we may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share your Personal Data with the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong), and your Personal Data may be transferred within or outside Hong Kong:
(i) any member of Headland;
(ii) any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing, telemarketing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to or support the operation of Headland’s business (including its/their direct marketing activities);
(iii) other business associates such as loyalty programme operators and other companies involved in providing customer service or fulfilling customer requests
(iv) credit reference agencies, credit, debit and/or charge card companies and/or banks;
(v) medical professionals, clinics, hospitals, insurers and/or loss adjustors;
(vi) any person, government or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation;
(vii) any person under a duty of confidentiality to any member of Headland (including accountants, legal advisers or other advisers);
(viii) any actual or proposed assignee or purchaser of all or any part of the business and/or asset of Headland;
(ix) charitable or non-profit making organisations.
We may also share information or statistics with third parties in an aggregated or anonymised form that does not directly identify you (e.g. we may share aggregated information about your preferences and location with advertisers for marketing purposes).
Use and transfer of your Personal Data in direct marketing
5. We are allowed to use and/or transfer your Personal Data in direct marketing only if you consent or do not object in writing.
6. In connection with direct marketing, we intend
(i) to use your name, contact details, location data, customer profiling information (including information about your use of our website and activity on social media platforms, including your shopping preferences and online behaviour), services and products portfolio information, and transaction pattern and behaviour collected, compiled, generated or held by us from time to time (a) for marketing, research, questionnaires, promotional and customer relationship management purposes including sending you information relating to Headland’s and/or its Merchant’s products, facilities, services, membership clubs, reward programmes (including joint collaborations with different brands), activities, contests, lucky draws, promotions, blogs, newsletters and/or events in the following categories: cultural, entertainment and sporting facilities and activities, hotels, restaurants, food and beverages, charity activities, car parking facilities, and/or
(b) to promote or solicit donations or contributions for charitable or non-profit making causes including relief of poverty, advancement of education or religion, promotion of health, saving of lives, relief of victims of disaster or epidemic, relief of disabled persons, relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, gender, race, ill-health, financial hardship or other disadvantage, protection of animals, preservation or improvement of the environment or any other charitable purpose that is of benefit to the community, (together, "Classes of Marketing Subject"); and
(ii) to provide your name and contact details to (a) providers (whether within or outside Headland) of any of the Classes of Marketing Subject,
(b) Headland’s Merchants and call centres,
(c) any member of Headland, and/or
(d) marketing or research services providers, so that they can send you information in relation to the above Classes of Marketing Subject. Information may be sent to you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means.
7. You may write to us at the address below or contact us via the contact information provided in our direct marketing materials to opt out from direct marketing at any time.
Cookies, Log - Files, Location Data and access to Personal Data through social media platforms
9. We may also collect information regarding your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for our own research purposes. As it is not linked to any personal information, it is separate from your Personal Data. In rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and/or preventing abusive or criminal activity on the website.
10. If you use the WiFi available at our properties, we may collect your location data (if you have consented to this on your device). We may use your location data to keep track of your activity patterns and preferences in order to improve the level of service you receive. Your location data may be combined with other information we receive from third parties to provide you with better service and, where you have consented to receive direct marketing, we may provide you with targeted advertisements, content, features, deals and offers in relation to the Classes of Marketing Subject set out in paragraph 6 above.
11. If you interact with us on social media platforms (for example if you "Like" our Facebook Page or post on our timeline), we can interact with you and send you messages via these platforms. We will interact with you in accordance with the social media platform's rules but we are not responsible for how the platform operators collect and handle your Personal Data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
How to access or correct your Personal Data or contact us
12. You are entitled to access or correct your Personal Data held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Personal Data or if you believe that any of your Personal Data which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, please write to us at the address below.
13. A request for access to or correction of your Personal Data, or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of personal data held by us may be sent to us at the following address:
8 Scenic Road, Cathay Pacific City, Hong Kong International Airport, ChekLepKok, Hong Kong.
14. In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.